Sunday, September 13, 2009

Response to Michael Wesch

I posted my objectives this week in reverse order by mistake, but I am glad I did so. I think that this video was the best and got me thinking the most. As I think about my classes here at South Alabama, and the structure most have taken I see some room for improvement. I can think of a freshman class that was so impersonal, and felt like Darth Vader was teaching me, and moreover grading me. The class as a whole seemed to care less and the material was presented in the driest format. But to contrast that class with my classes now, some teachers stand on their desk's or do things such as that to interest us. We are allowed more hands on activities, and opportunities to mess up or for that matter get things right. The basic rule for education or learning has always been the same: if it's fun then people will learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment