Sunday, September 13, 2009

Response to Kelly Hines

All professionals that want to be taken seriously must be continues learners. I completely agree that teachers should be up to date, and always striving to know more about their field of study. The concept of teachers is the same for doctors, I do not want my surgeon to have graduated in 1986 at the top of his class, and then never crack a text book again. Although I am on the low end of technology awareness, and much of it seems over whelming, I must over come my disposition. I tend to have many thoughts that are predestined to shy away from media related objectives, but if I do so then I am just robbing a child from their education. Since the beginning of my EDM 310 class I have over come my hatred of twitter, and plan to fully embrace all that Google has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reflection! I like you analogy comparing doctors and teachers. If we are not up-to-date with our practice, we can do just as much harm to the life of an individual. Keep an open mind and curious heart and your students will be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete