Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pod Cast Comment from Mr. Bob Wakeman's Class "Can Wikipedia be Useful to Students and Educators?" BW0430W

From my first day at the University of South Alabama, I have been told and almost threatened not to use the web resource of wikipedia for anything. The reasons were few but sound in nature. I was warned that this website contained some true information but one never knows if all the facts are presented. I though that this pod cast by these students did a fair job in presenting both pros's and con's regarding wikipedia. As an education major I want to have all my facts correct and triple checked before I present them to my students. I learned from this pod cast that wikipedia is a open and free web resource, but one in which I would never use as the foundation of my information. So I believe that the professors here at South Alabama saved me form buying into all wikipedia had to offer me, because I would have taken it all for truth.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't take anything for truth automatically, no matter if it's Wikipedia, another encyclopedia, professors or the president. You always need to have a critical mind when you read things.

    ReplyDelete