Thursday, August 20, 2009

Response to Mr. Winkle Wakes

This short film brings to the surface many issues that concern our culture, and our future culture. In my opinion this film raises 2 main questions: 1. what is the government doing with our tax dollars? 2. When I have children, should I send them to public school? I am a product of both private and public school, but without skipping a beat if put on the spot I would choose private schooling for my children. In my opinion the facts are simple and obvious, public schools are all about quantity, and private schools are about quality. I believe that all children should be given the chance to reach his or her potential no matter what school system, but the fact that public schools do without hampers the graduates.
This short film brings to the surface many issues that concern our culture, and the culture of our future. In my opinion this film raises many questions, but 2 main questions: 1. What is the government doing with our tax dollars? 2. When I have children, should I send them to public school or private?

I am a product of both private and public school, but without skipping a beat if put on the spot today I would choose private schooling for my children. In my opinion the facts are simple and obvious, public schools are all about quantity, and private schools are about quality. I believe that all children should be given the chance to reach his or her potential no matter what school system, but the fact that public schools so often do without new technology only hampers the graduates from “being all they can be” to quote the Army.

Along with many other frustrated people from the great city of Mobile, I must beg the question from my Mayor. How is it that he can drop a $10,000 moon pie, at new-year 2009, but not get the students’ better technology in public schools? Older people say that younger generations need to “tighten up” because they are going to run this country down. Well give us what we need to excel. The fact is no longer is a computer a luxury, but a necessity for a productive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment