Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Podcast

After jumping through about a 1,000 different hoops and nearly throwing my sister's laptop across the room I found the ever so important link to "pod cast." I have very low tolerance for computers, and to top it all off my sister's speakers would not make a sound when plugged into the computer. So as the air vent in the back ground blew for long periods of time, I sat with my ear on top of the worthless laptop speaker. Why don't the people who make laptops use speakers that can be herd? As I vent about my computer sorrows, I oddly feel prompted to make a pod cast about it.

To start my pod cast experience was tuff to say the least. As I listened about “smart board” I could not help but agree with the rest of the class. This subject may not be boring, but those who presented this pod cast were not so good. So as to not get perturbed about my first trail run, I choose some topics that I could relate to. Although I must same some covers to the topics are misleading. For example I choose “Get-It-Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty To Work Less and Do More.” There were many to choose from so at random I clicked on one about the middle of the page. This topic covered the importance of saying “NO.” I guess this is important, but I have that skill so next please. I stayed with the same topic because I thought it would not be fair to judge by only one topic. The next pod cast had to do with public speaking. I want to have great public speaking abilities in the future so I clicked and listened. To my surprise this lecture was rather interesting, and I learned some examples of what not to do. One such example is the importance of removing the “umm” in between thoughts.

My next series of pod cast were from the “onion.” I had no idea what this link was and what was going to be said, so that is why I chose the onion. Upon opening the content I quickly closed it and moved to the next. The next series was under the title of “how stuff works.” I listened to a pod cast about the first Olympic Games and how they worked. To my surprise it too was interesting, and very educational.

I have a great fear that one day a shark will eat me. I found a pod cast with that very topic in mind, except it was teaching how to defend oneself from an attack. I learned that a person if attacked must do everything he or she can to hit the shark on the snout.

My over all experience regarding pod cast is an A+. I sill am horrible with computers, but this gives me incentive to learn fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment