Thursday, August 20, 2009

My responce to the: 2008 Latest Edition - Did You Know 3.0 - From Meeting in Rome this Year

2008 Latest Edition - Did You Know 3.0 - From Meeting in Rome this Year

This information is amazing, almost too much to really wrap ones mind around. As stated in the video, “It is estimated that a weeks’ worth of the New York Times contains more information than a person was likely to come across in a lifetime in the 18th century.” The fact that people are being trained for jobs that are not tangible today is just incredible. This video really does two things to me: 1. it encourages me of the human potential, 2. it scares me because I am not good with computers.

It was also stated in this presentation that what information we know now will double every two years. The fact is as a human race we are not drifting towards a future like "the terminator" movie. We are being swept away with all kinds of possibilities. I am not saying that this world will turn in a movie like the "terminator," but it might not be long before very human like robots are created. It is a poor comparison but some people have robots as house hold vacuums. I just hope the USA, has a great back up plan, because India, and the Chinese are closing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment